For information about Netherhall School admissions for children 11+ please visit Cambridgeshire County Council website; school admissions by clicking here
Their email address is: email@example.com
The two main age entry points of admission to the school are at 11+ and at 16+.
At age 11+
Up to 180 students are admitted in each year 7 intake.
Parents living within the City of Cambridge receive a preference form in the autumn term before admission and return the form to the central admissions office. Parents living in other areas need to request a preference form.
Alternatively, applications can be sent online. All details are given in the preference form pack supplied by the central admissions team.
Please note: Students who join midway through KS4 may be required to move back a year to give them the best opportunity of success in the terminal examinations. This may still be the case if GCSE courses have already been started at other institutions but whose choices do not match our curriculum or timetable.
Please find detailed information regarding the admissions procedure and criteria for selection of students in the case of oversubscription on the following links: Next Steps and In year Admission Guide
Catchment area: The area serving the following primary schools fall within the catchment area: Bewick Bridge, Cherry Hinton, Colville, Queen Edith and The Spinney. For further information on a specific address please contact the Admissions Team.
Oversubscription Criteria: Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of special educational needs or education health and care plan that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (S.A.T) to determine an appropriate place.
1. Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC) and children who were looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order or a special guardianship order.
2. Children who live in the catchment area, attend primary schools within the catchment area including Queen Emma Primary School and who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
3. Children who live in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
4. Children who live in the catchment area who attend the primary schools within it, including Queen Emma Primary School;
5. Children who live in the catchment area;
6. Children who live outside the catchment area, who attend primary schools within it,
including Queen Emma Primary School and who have a sibling at the school at the
time of admission;
7. Children who live outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the
time of admission;
8. Children who live outside the catchment area who attend the primary schools within
the catchment area, including Queen Emma Primary School;
9. Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by
a straight line.
Netherhall School holds an Open Evening in October when prospective parents for the forthcoming September can come and visit the school and find out more about us. This year our Open Evening will be held on 10 October from 6 -8pm.
Alternatively, you are most welcome to arrange a visit to the school by appointment - Please contact the main school reception on 01223 242931.
At age 16+
Students apply to The Oakes College at Netherhall using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form, or through an online application.
The Oakes Open Evening this year is on 15 October from 6 - 8.30pm for parents and students to come and find out more about what the College has to offer.
A separate Sixth Form prospectus is available for post-16 students. Please contact the Sixth Form office on 01223 242931 ext 216.