Post 16 information
Post-16 Options 2019- 2020
Please click on the attachments below to view materials and key documents.
- Post 16 Application Calendar
- Writing the Personal Statement - a step by step guide
- A message to parents - how to help your son.daughter prepare for exams
- Student Guide to applying to CAP post-16 Centres for 2020
- Profile Template Guide v1
- Application Guide V1
- Post 16 Applications - Assembly Presentation
Many of our students stay at Netherhall for seven years, progressing from Year 7 through to our highly successful Sixth Form Centre. The centre has an excellent reputation in the City of Cambridge and beyond and many students join us from other schools for their post-16 studies. We have an impressive track record in placing students in Higher Education, including Oxbridge and in employment.
What does the Sixth Form offer?
- A vibrant Sixth Form with approximately 300 students
- Average class sizes of about 15 students, ensuring close individual guidance and support
- A wide range of A-level courses
- High quality teaching within excellent study facilities
- Strong leadership and effective pastoral support through the Group Tutors' system
- Strong guidance for careers and support of students in the University application process (UCAS)
- Dynamic range of enrichment activities
- An active Student Council
- Ninth consecutive year of improvement and strong track record of placing students in their first choice of Universities